Twelve Post-graduate students in the Catholic University Institute of Buea, the Growth Mindset Entrepreneurial University, on Saturday 26th November 2022 successfully defended their MBA thesis in the departments of Human Resources Management and Employment Relation, Banking and Finance as well as Accounting.
The students worked on the following thesis;
1) Forensic Accounting as a tool for fraud detection and prevention in public entities (A case study of Aeroport Du Cameroun” S.A)
2) Internal Control system and financial performance of Eneo Cameroon
3) Digital Financial Services: Changing the land scape of the Cameroonian banking system
4) Financial accountability and economic sustainability of Catholic Secondary Schools in the Diocese of Buea
5) An assessment of internal control systems on the financial performance of parishes in the Diocese of Buea
6) The impact of debt recovery strategies on the financial performance of commercial banks in Yaounde, Cameroon
7) Recruitment practices and performance of small businesses in the Buea Municipality
8) An analysis of work life balance as a tool for employee job satisfaction in SOWEDA Buea
9) Fraud management Techniques and financial performance of selected commercial banks in Fako
10) Effect of taxation on the growth of small and medium size entreprises in the Buea municipality of the South West Region of Cameroon
11) Budget management and project execution in selected local councils in Fako
12) The effect of accounting information system on financial performance of construction companies in Fako Division.
The academic event had two panels, A and B which were all chaired by revered professors from the University of Buea which is CUIB’s mentor University as well as University of Bamenda in the likes of Prof. Fonteh Amungwa, Prof. Yenshu Vubo, Prof. Dobdina Cletus and Prof. Messomo Elle Serge, and also brought together top examiners from different state universities across Cameroon.
CUIB being a university that promotes academic excellence and trains professional servant leaders with spiritual and moral values, who will contribute to the sustainable development of their community allocated resources and supervisors of high reputation to work with the students and the university, also made it mandatory for a candidate to have a co-supervisor.
During the defense, the chairpersons of the different panels applauded the policy put in place by the management of CUIB to ensure that candidates have supervisor and a co-supervisor in which they say positively affected the quality of work submitted by the students for defense and called on the management of CUIB to continue enforcing such policy.
The students’ performed so well and the members of the jury decided to approve all the thesis by awarding good grades to the students with some corrections to be done for the final publication.
The President of CUIB Prof. Victor Julius Ngoh appreciated the faculty members who worked with the students and noted that CUIB will continue to work in close collaboration with her mentor university to see into it that quality is maintained in line with the general vision of the Ministry of Higher education.