- Effective hybrid (online/onsite) delivery of all courses in all programs using the university’s Moodle-based customized learning management system.
- Our students participate in national and international seminars, workshops and conferences. These include: the FabLab Succeed project workshop funded by the Royal Academy of Engineering, London; the Cameroon National Agency for Information and Communication Technologies (ANTIC) annual seminar, the annual Silicon Mountain Conference, CUIB’s annual Cyber Security symposium, Huawei Seeds for the Future program.
- Field trips and internships are used to expose our students to industry, with three mandatory internships required over the course of study.
- SIT is proud to have both national and international institution and industry partners and collaborators to seek opportunities and ensure success for our students. These include our primary mentor, the University of Buea, the Silicon Mountain community, Orange Digital Center, ActivSpaces, National Agency for Information and Communication Technologies (ANTIC) and many others.
- Capitol Technology University in Maryland, USA, recognized by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Defense (DoD) as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (NCAE-CD) (click here) is a close partner of SIT. They recognized SIT’s premier batch of graduates in 2019 (click here).
- Our students innovate and flourish with clubs they create such as the Robotics and Game Programming club and the Ethical Hacking club.
- SIT boasts dedicated, tech-savvy, and enthusiastic faculty who encourage peer-to-peer, inter-level mentorships and collaboration among students. They have also obtained international certifications in Huawei HCIA, CompTIA Security+ and Oracle Certified Professional.
- Our students compete and win in national and international competitions such as the International Fowler GSIC (social entrepreneurship) competition organized by the University of St Thomas, Minnesota U.S.A, Elviatech Robotics competition, Orange Digital Summer Challenge, Google Summer of Code, MTN Y’ello Digital Talent, African Women in Tech (AfricanWIT) Hackathon, Student Leaders on Social Entrepreneurship (SUSI) program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the Hult Prize and President Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Regional Leadership Center (RLC) West Africa.
SIT graduates own their own companies (CEO of SelfConsult), work in prominent companies (Regional Manager for ANTIC Northwest Region, Orange Business – France) and pursue post graduate studies in Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Cyber Intelligence among others.