welcome to sanr
The School of Agriculture and Natural Resources (SANR) has a comprehensive program that is in line with the United Nations Development Goals. SANR provides students with Innovative and Creative Skills for Professional lucrative careers in Diverse Agricultural Domains. The current and trending agricultural challenges are addressed through Organic and Sustainable Agriculture which maintains a Healthy Environment and minimizes post-harvest losses and optimize chain Agricultural Production.
SANR has competent and robust lecturers and staff for effective and efficient training of our students.
To establish a hands-on Integrated Agricultural Training Program that will ignite Entrepreneurial Skills to young Cameroonians so as to augment Organic and Sustainable Agriculture while enhancing Environmental Health.
“To Empower CUIB Students and the community with agricultural skills that will enable them brave the United Nations Development Goals of No Poverty and Zero Hunger in Cameroon and the world at large.”
Our general objective is to create an agricultural chain that will boost the production system and engage the entrepreneurial wing of CUIB and its environ, thus establishing future reference farmers and job creators in Cameroon.
Specific objectives are to;
- Improve on Students’ Capacity Development through practical chain Agricultural Processes.
- Facilitate Partnership with other research institutions for knowledge and skills sharing.
- Boost CUIB Economic Engine by Establishing Commercial Farms for chain Crops and Animal Production.
- MSc. Nutrition and Food Quality
- MSc. Sustainable Agriculture and Development
- BSc. Integrated Agriculture (Agronomy, Animal Science, Food Science, Agribusiness /Extension and Natural Resources Management (Fisheries, Forestry and Wildlife)).
- HND Programs; Food Technology and Agro-Pastoral Adviser
Partnership with Communities and External Organizations.
Establishing relationships with communities and External Organisations to improve both research and pedagogic activities. In addition, ensure our curriculum stay with Industrial needs and facilitates self establishment and employment of our students. We have a strong collaboration with;
Institutes of Research for Agricultural Development (IRAD)
- (IRAD Nkolbison, Yaounde, IRAD Batoke Limbe, IRAD Njombe.
- Cameroon Development Corporation (CDC), PAMOL, UCB Douala- Cameroon.
We work closely with our mentor university, the University of Buea our mentor, University of Dschang, Delaware State University USA, North Carolina University and University of St. Thomas USA.
Students Awards due to their brilliant entrepreneurial projects:
- 2016: Wulba Charles, Tuku Felicitas and Onana kedem Ornella won the Science of Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) competition wording 1500 dolars.
- 2017: Kinge Edie Emmanuel won the 5000 dolars award from the United State Institute for Young Leaders (SUSI Program).
- 2018: Tuku Ewunsoh Felicitas and Mukoko Gilbert were among the 24 candidates selected to study in the SUSI Program where they were given 5,000 dollars and did 5 weeks training on entrepreneurship and leadership skills.
- 2018 and 2019 respectively, Mutumah Wendy won the African Youth Development Summit award and the Mike Oladipo Global Influence award in the United Nations.
Farm practice, Internships and Field Trips give the students a practical and professional experience in their domain of specialization as they meet, interact and learn from local farmers, researchers, technicians and experts in the field.
- Greenhouse Crop Production of organic products (Tomatoes, Cucumber, Lettuce, Carrots, Bell Pepper, Onions.).
- Commercial Maize and Poultry production farm.
- Graduation of first batch of M.Sc. Students in Nutrition and Food Quality.
- Many of our students have independent farms and NGOs with the desire to practice their much-accumulated knowledge.
- Green House for research and hands-on activities.
- Two tractors to facilitate our farm activities.
- Labs in Wokaka and a poultry house in Bojongo.