As an Entrepreneurial University that focuses on Talent Development CUIB Award Scholarships to students who demonstrate exceptional skill/talent in sports and socio-cultural activities for the Sustainable Development of their Communities. This scholarship was instituted in 2014 by President of CUIB Rev. Fr. George Nkeze to give opportunities to gifted students especially those who may not afford Higher Education for Economic reasons and to foster the Both/And Culture of CUIB which combines Talent and Academics, Faith and Reason, Hard work and Leisure. Click HERE to read more on CUIBY.
AREAS OF INTEREST
|AREAS OF INTEREST
|Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Handball, Tennis, Table Tennis, Judo
|Marching Band, Trumpets, Saxophone, Orchestra, Brass Band, Solo Guitar, Bass Guitar, Piano, Singer, Mascot, Fan Club
The CUIBY Talent Scholarship has as its objective to enroll talented students with at least A’ level Certificate in 2 subjects in the Catholic University Institute of Buea. Applicants will be expected to go through a competitive selection process determined by the University with their peers.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Candidate must have applied into the CUIB Non-Degree and Certification Programmes, HND or College of Business and College of Technology.
- Candidate must be holders of the Advanced level certificate in at least 2 subjects.
- Candidate must abide by the Code of Honour of the Catholic University Institute of Buea.
- Candidate must not be an ex-convict.
- Be a transfer student with acceptance documentation from the University Admissions Office.
- Be an incoming freshman with acceptance documentation from the University Admissions Office.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of selection and maintained throughout the Academic Year.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the Office of Admissions at the Molyko campus A of CUIB and fill a Form for the scholarship. Applications for the scholarship close on the 23rd September 2016.
Pre-selected candidates will be called or emailed for an audition on campus on Wednesday the 28th September 2016. This audition will commence at 9am prompt.,
The selected students from the auditions will be called or emailed to begin their admission process.
Candidates from economically challenged and disadvantaged background who exhibit exceptional skill will have priority.
Start of Application: 18th August, 2016.
End of Application: 28th September, 2016).
NUMBER OF AWARDS
The number of Students to be awarded the CUIBY Talent Scholarship varies from year to year.
DURATION OF AWARDS
The CUIBY Talent Scholarship is renewable each year.
This will include “JUST” the Tuition Fee. Awardees will be expected to personally cater for other University needs and charges.
SELECTION, APPROVAL & NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED CANDIDATES:
Selected Candidates will be given formal Notification of the Scholarship offer as soon as the Office of Admissions completes the selection of the candidate. Candidates will be notified through telephone calls or e-mails on or before the 30th of September 2016.