We currently offer both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in the School of Agriculture And Natural Resources.
Master of Science and Professional Master in Sustainable Agriculture
SANR-CUIB offers a Master of Science program (02 years) and a Professional Master Program Diploma in Sustainable Agriculture in the following specializations:
-Organic Livestock Husbandry and Breeding
-Nutrition and Food Quality
-Organic Crop Production
-Sustainable Agriculture and Development
The structure is composed of 94 and 120 credits (ECS) equivalent to 40 to 60 credits in the American System for MS and MSc respectively distributed as follow:
For the MSC:
- 75 credits (ECS) for integrated common cores across the four Departments:
- 45 credits (ECS) for concentrations in each of the four departments
For The MS:
- 54 Credits (ECS) for integrated common core courses across the four departments
- 40 Credits (ECS) for concentrations in each of the four Departments
ABOUT THE MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC)
The MSC degree is a research degree (Master with Thesis)that involves the preparation and defense of a formal thesis based on a project conducted by the student under the supervision of either a Lecturer, Senior lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor of the field.
ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL MASTER (MS) (Master without thesis)
The Professional Master is a non-thesis Master. It provides professionals who do not intend to develop comprehensive research skills with an opportunity to obtain an advanced degree and/or gain skills in current knowledge in the agricultural sciences. These trainees will carry out an independent project paper. The project can be done in industry, community, NGO and governmental agency or indeed in research laboratories. However, the project paper is not a thesis and the student spends less time in research than thesis students.
- For the MSc/MS in Organic Livestock Husbandry and Production: BSc degree or a recognized equivalent in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Animal science, Zoology, Biochemistry or related fields.
- For the MSc/MS in Organic Crop Production: BSc degree or a recognized equivalent in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Agronomy or Crop science, Botany or related fields.
- For the MSc/MS in Nutrition and Food Quality: BSc in Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Agriculture, Chemistry or related fields.
- For the MSc/MS in Sustainable Agriculture and Development: BSc degree in Agriculture, Geography, Environment Sciences, Economic and Management sciences, Social sciences or related fields. Holders of M.S., Maîtrise in required fields or “Diplôme d’Ingénieur” will also be considered.