Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the broadest branch of engineering; it encompasses mechanics, fluid mechanics, electronics, electrical technologies, heat transfer, dynamics and control, manufacturing processes and maintenance.
Students who enroll in the department of Mechanical Engineering aspire to become mechanical engineers. Mechanical engineers use the principles of energy, materials, and mechanics to design and manufacture machines and devices of all types. They create the processes and systems that drive technology and industry by combining their studies with mathematics, sciences and design. As concerns career opportunities.
They are uniquely suited to jobs in all traditional areas of mechanical engineering including mechanics, machine design, energy systems, fluid flow, heat transfer and thermodynamics. They can work:
- On power-producing machines such as electric generators, internal combustion engines, and steam and gas turbines.
- On power-using machines such as refrigeration and air- conditioning equipment, machine tools, material handling systems, elevators and escalators, industrial production equipment, and robots used in manufacturing
- As designers of tools and equipment that other engineers need for their work
- In manufacturing or agriculture production, maintenance, or technical sales
- As administrators or managers.
The department is open to all prospective young Cameroonians and other nationals who wish to make their careers in Mechanical Engineering.
- improve machines, tools, systems, components, materials, and processes
- invent concepts or components, design machines and maintain equipments.
- Mechanical engineering designer
- Maintenance engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Corporate investment banker
- Production manager