PHILOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME,
“Marketing begins with consumers needs and ends with consumer satisfaction”. This consumer centric philosophy expounded by modern marketing gurus like Kotler and Lancaster emphasizes that the starting point of every business is the market; the focus is consumers’ needs, the means; Integrated Marketing and the ends; profit through consumer satisfaction. The CUIB marketing program epitomises this Marketing Concept via the EoC paradigm that insists on the need to put the human person at the centre of economic activity and not profit. The need to put consumer first is still an extraneous variable in the Cameroon Marketing problem context.
The B.Sc Marketing programme emanating from the above marketing concept and EoC philosophy seeks to produce a flow of skillful and enthusiastic graduates capable of identifying, analysing, anticipating and satisfying consumer needs and desires and expectations while predicting consumer behaviour in the local and global market and keeping sustainability and environment integrated.
The Department of Marketing offers courses leading to the award of a B.Sc in Marketing. The basis of the programme is to ground students with the required capacities in the marketing and business world through marketing principles and companies. The students are to master the main aspects in marketing i.e. identifying, analysing and satisfaction of customers wants satisfactorily and provides profit to the company or organisation.
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing Programme is designed to prepare students with an understanding of the complex relationship between markets and customers and the practical and theoretical skills needed to market a product in a competitive business environment. The core components of the marketing program concentration are advertising, marketing on the internet, consumer behaviour, marketing research, marketing strategy, new product development, international marketing, professional selling, and sales management.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
- The programme proactively enables students to build an impeccable knowledge of consumers’ hidden intentions or desires required for developing the cutting edge marketing strategies for companies to complete profitably and sustainably. That is opening the consumer’s black box so as to go beyond consumer satisfaction by offering consumer surplus.
- Equip students with knowledge of formulating competitive skills required to rise above the competition in the domestic and international markets by designing winning strategies. It provides a student firm foundation to anticipate and plan for the future through systematic marketing research.
- To understand and meet the challenges of global markets in the context of globalisation.
- Be creative and innovative as a means to keep the demand level afloat and respond adequately to the continuously changing business environment.
JOB OPTIONS IN THE MARKETING FUNCTION FOR PROFESSIONAL BSC. GRADUATES IN MARKETING
The program equips students professionally to fit in the ever growing number of new entrant and mid-level job positions and job creators in the field of Marketing:
- Deputy Marketing Manager in SME’s
- Deputy Product and Branch Managers
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Assistant
- Market Research Analyst
- Market Branch Supervisor
- Marketing Communication Manager
- Media Planner
- Public Relations Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- District Sales Managers
- Store Managers
- Department Manager
- Retail Sales Staff
- Work with Research and Development or Consulting Firm.