This two-year associate degree prepares the student with skills in Web Development, Publishing, Design, Programming, Relational Database Design and 2D graphics design. It is intended to give the student both the theoretical and practical skills to permit them stay relevant in the ever changing Information Technology world; especially in enhancing the web-presence of organizations and businesses.
Successful candidates will be offered an Associate of Science Degree in Web Design and Programming. The program is tailored to permit a student easily transition into a BSc. program in a related IT field.
In addition to the common program objectives, specific objectives of the program are:
- Develop algorithmic skills to enable automation of business processes.
- Obtain knowledge and skills for designing and implementing relational databases.
- Gain skills for designing the front-end for any website with easy maintenance.
- Understand and gain abilities to bind the front-end to the backend (database) using dynamic programming languages.
- Understand the dynamics of hosting, securing and optimizing websites in the Cloud.
- Apply programming, database, and Web technologies to solve and troubleshoot business and information technology problems.
- Analyze a real life business, design and implement a dynamic website for that business.
- Develop a logical approach to solving problems, developing algorithms and using a programming language to implement.
Upon completion of the Website Design and Programming Associate Degree, graduates will be prepared for careers such as:
- Graphic designer
- Web designer
- Web developer
- Database designer and administrator
- Multimedia programmer
- Multimedia specialist
- Web content manager