The Ubiquitous Campus Instructor Designer creates effective learning experiences for students. The designer works with experts in different disciplines to develop online content ensuring that the e-learning experience is empowering and stimulating. The individual must master working with a variety of multimedia production platforms and a wide range of formats for online material.
• Work with experts to determine online content for programs, ensuring that the content meets with program objectives and target audience needs.
• Structure course and program content for optimized learning, creating engaging learning activities and reshaping them as changes arise.
• Ensure online content is authentic and free from plagiarism.
• Create and test multimedia (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.) for courses and curriculum.
• Devise assessment modes such as tests or quizzes.
• Create student and faculty guides and training manuals for the e-learning experience.
• Carry out research towards best practices for online learning.
• Work in collaboration with the ubiquitous campus ICT infrastructure team to upload and maintain content on the online campus site.
• A holder of a Bachelors’ Degree in Education, Technology or relevant field.
• Imagination and passion for learning.
• Knowledge of content building software (e.g. Camtasia), a plus.
• Experience with learning management systems (e.g. Moodle)
• Teaching or training background.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Effective problem-solving skills: analytical, innovative and creative thinking.
• Intermediate skills in graphic design and web design.
• Experienced in project management.
• Ability to work ubiquitously with mastery of online communication and online storage.
• Ability to conduct research and make recommendations based on data and findings.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with composure, tact, diplomacy and discretion in confidential matters.
• Skilled in effective collaboration and teamwork.
• Versed in a variety of multimedia platforms with visual design skills.
• Dynamic and Energetic with excellent inter-personal and organizational skills and a good ability to adapt and adjust to changing work conditions.
• Demonstrates care and concern and maintains a positive attitude towards establishing an environment that promotes student success.
• Must be self-motivated and proactive, keen and have a competitive drive. Should have a strong regard for ethics.
Generally, work is performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Working hours may vary and occasional evening or weekend work is required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
Application Deadline : 22-07-2019
Posted On: 2019-07-11