The Catholic University Institute of Buea is in search of a Provost. In CUIB, the Provost is the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) of the university, its colleges and schools, institutes and Centres. The Provost is charged not only with the development, implementation, and assessment of academic programs and policies of the University but also attends to its day to day academic functioning amongst others.
In CUIB, the Provost is the Chief Academic officer(CAO) of the University, its colleges and schools, institutes and Centres. While the Provost is directly accountable to the President of the University, the Schools, Colleges, Institutes and Centers are directly accountable to the office of the Provost.
As CUIB’s Chief Academic Officer, the Provost has the broad responsibility for ensuring that University programs and faculty are of the highest quality. The Provost directs the development and implementation of the university’s academic plans and policies, and supervises the work of its Schools, Colleges, Institutes and Centres that have autonomy with the university administrative structure.
As Chief Academic Officer, the Provost sets the vision, strategic goals and Priorities of the Academic arm of the University, keeping in mind the University’s Catholic and entrepreneurial character. The Provost, from the academic perspective, will ensure the effective implementation of the New Strategic Vision of CUIB(Vision 2023) as the Cradle of Innovation, Growth Mindset and wealth creation. It is also the responsibility of the Provost to oversee the work of other Vice Provosts of the University.
Reporting: Directly Reporting to the Provost will be all the Vice Provosts and Deans.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Provost is charged not only with the development, implementation, and assessment of academic programs and policies of the University but also attends to its day to day academic functioning. The Provost is also charged with oversight of the processes of accreditation and academic quality assurance and enhancement. The Provost sets the priorities with regard to teaching, research, admissions, hiring, evaluation and tenureship of faculty. With regard to curriculum and education, the Provost works in close collaboration with the Deans of the various schools and colleges to ensure their efficient functioning. It is also the responsibility of the Provost to ensure the provision and maintenance of infrastructure that assists the faculty in teaching and research.
Position: Full Time
Gender: Male or Female
Qualifications: Ph.D. from an accredited University is required.
Experience: Experience in Entrepreneurship, innovation and Education by Doing; experience in a four year undergraduate institution of higher education is preferred and more than 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience working in any accredited university in the world. A Catholic University is preferred.
Language: English. However, someone with English and French mastery is preferred.
Specific Preferred Skills: The Provost will have significant knowledge and understanding of higher education especially Catholic Higher Education, Entrepreneurship, innovation and wealth creation. He or She must be an advocate of Servant Leadership as articulated in the University’s Mission Statement.
Specific preferred skills include:
• Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities, including ability to lead, plan and manage change.
•Demonstrated ability to foster entrepreneurship, volunteerism and community service. Demonstrated ability to multitask
• Commitment to quality and integrity • Demonstrated experience and achievements with strategic planning and goal achievement
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a “big picture” strategic view and to be a problem solver
• Demonstrated ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the University’s growth.
• Demonstrated record of outstanding scholarly achievements in the area of Higher Education. Demonstrated ability and willingness to delegate effectively and to hold direct reports accountable. Demonstrated ability of fostering a Culture of Subsidiarity(autonomy) and solidarity. Demonstrated ability of strong Digital, communication and interpersonal skills to include written, oral, listening and presentation
• Demonstrated ability of being a skilled decision-maker, with transparency in decision-making and management.
The Provost will exhibit qualities of servant leadership, emotional maturity, genuineness, self-confidence, common sense, judgment, fairness, creativity, discretion, decisiveness, , resiliency, respect for religious diversity, adaptability, courage of convictions and advocate of the common good. .
Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:
• Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness.
• Commitment to the University’s mission, vision, identity, culture, values, stewardship.as a faith -based institution; Commitment to the University’s Economy of Communion Philosophy and Servant Leadership values; Ability to make good, consistent and fair decisions (based on fact and data); Ability to work with cross-functional teams and to foster teamwork.; Commitment to be non-partisan and apolitical in discharging University duties and assignments.
a) Applications (Letter of interest, full resume, Educational Philosophy, 3 Professional references and their contact information, Proof of volunteerism and community service engagement, Academic certificates, Proof of understanding the mission and vision of CUIB)
b) Deadline of Submission of applications – 30th July 2019 at 2.00 pm Cameroon time.
c) All applications are to be done online via the university’s website at www.cuib-cameroon.org/jobs
d) Interviews can be done virtual or onsite depending on the residence or request of the applicant.
e) Interviews will be carried out on First-come Basis.
f) Names of the first three selected applicants will be submitted to the Board of Trustee of the University for final vetting and decision.
g) For any inquiries applicants can contact the University’s Office of Human resources at email@example.com
Posted On: 2019-05-22