The CUIB Sr. Emmanuella Fomenky Memorial Foundation Clinic (Sr. EFMFC) is a school based clinic offering health services to the CUIB Community (Pupils, Students, Staff and Faculty) and its environs. The unit also engages in outreach activities into neighbouring communities with limited access (physical and socio-economical) to offer health services. The clinic has as its mission to ensure a healthy CUIB community and to improve on the health status of resident communities.
The centre nurse will be expected to assist in consultations, administration of treatment and other nursing services; collaborate with colleagues to offer health services during major university events (Convocation of Freshmen and sophomore, commencement etc.); engage in health outreach activities organised by the centre; assist in offering health services during sporting activities (University games, football leagues etc.) and participate in health education and promotion campaigns organised by the centre.
• The Nurse works in close collaboration with the Nurse/Manager, Medical Doctor and the Lab Scientist.
• Consults/screen the pupils, students, staff/faculty and the general public before referring to the Doctor for prescription and follow up.
• Visits hospitalized pupils, students, staff/faculty for follow up and reporting.
• The nurse Dispenses, administers medications (oral, parenteral etc.) and monitors client closely.
• He/she offers surgical nursing services (e.g. Wound care etc.) and other related services.
• He/she is responsible for upholding and maintaining adequate hygiene, sanitation and a comfortable environment for clients visiting the clinic.
• He/she registers consultations and drugs used into the Data base and reports to appropriate quarters.
• Assist in the follow up of athletes medically in (Regular university sports) and out (youth week activities, BISCO games, university games, league matches and Cameroon cup etc.) of the university.
• Participates in health education and promotion campaigns organised by the centre within and without the university and as per university program.
• Assist and engages in health outreach activities organised by the centre to improve on the health status of resident communities with limited access (physical and socio-economical) to health services.
• Also participates and attends capacity building seminars and other related seminars relevant for employee effectiveness and efficiency.
• An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree in nursing Sciences; or Bachelor’s degree in a related science field (biomedical sciences and others) and a nursing Diploma.
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a school based health centre/clinic/ hospital (preferably higher institute) or general clinic or hospital with practical skills relevant to this context.
• Other diploma in health education/promotion, counselling and psychosocial support, community mobilising is an added advantage.
Posted On: 2019-01-25