CUIB is seeking for a motivated and savvy Content Editor to oversee her content publishing needs in a fast-paced work environment. The content editor will work to develop and curate compelling and engaging content for our audience. His/Her primary duties will include content strategy, proofreading and editing, analyzing readership data, and developing our content strategy.
To excel in this role, you will have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Proofread and edit spelling, grammar and syntax.
• Ensure that content meets the company or client's needs, and follows our in-house style guide.
• Organize, modify and update existing content.
• Verify content and information.
• Collaborate with co-workers and come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience in mind.
• Manage a busy workload according to deadline.
• Analyze data and analytics, and seek to increase reader engagement and retention.
• Generate new ideas around institution-related topics
• Writing blog posts and marketing copy to promote our services
• Proofreading, re-structuring and editing articles
• Updating our website and social media pages with new content
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Writing and proofreading experience.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Proficient in desktop publishing software.
• Knowledge of SEO and industry best practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms.
• Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. Word Press)
• Team spirit
Posted On: 2019-07-03