The primary duty of the Student-Volunteer Secretary is to provide administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations of the Unit.
• Assist the Director of the Provost’s Office in his daily activities where necessary.
• Type non-technical and non-sensitive reports, correspondences, service notes, memos, decisions, etc.
• Distribute or disseminate information to wherever necessary.
• Prepare agendas for non-sensitive meetings, and assist with taking minutes at such meetings.
• Assist in the practical organization of the office
• Provide receptionist services
• Perform other clerical or related duties (e.g. photocopying) as assigned by the Director or the Provost.
The Volunteer should demonstrate the following skills:
• Computer skills including the ability to word processing or other programs
• interpersonal skills
• team building skills
• effective verbal and listening communications skills
• attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• effective organizational skills
• time management skills
The Volunteer must maintain strict confidentiality in performing his/her functions in the Office. He/she should also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• be honest and trustworthy
• be respectful
• be flexible
• demonstrate sound work ethics
Posted On: 2019-06-20